Sustainability and quality.
Danish, sustainable and recyclable
The environment and quality are very important to us. Therefore we believe it is natural for us to ensure we have all the essential certifications and approvals.
When you choose I-Wood Denmark®, you not only choose products manufactured in Denmark, you also choose sustainable and recyclable materials. The felt is produced from 100% recyclable plastic, a large proportion of which is collected from the world's oceans. In addition, all our wood is CE-approved and purchased from FSC-certified suppliers. This is how we help to ensure sustainable forestry, with focus on abundant plant life, wildlife and working conditions.
Sustainable and recyclable production starts with us. We only buy electricity produced from sustainable energy. Our sawdust and by-products from production are used to heat our production and showrooms, so that no resources are wasted.
- The felt is produced from 100% recyclable plastic, a large proportion of which is collected from the world's oceans.
- KlimaEL - nothing but Danish produced electricity from wind turbines, solar panels, and biogas.
- Heating - our sawdust and production by-products are used to heat our production facilities and showroom.
- FSC and PEFC are optional for many of our products.
We have taken a stand – and that is why you can safely invite nature inside with I-Wood Denmark® ceiling and wall panels. Our Basic, Medio+ and Pro+ (ordinary MDF) are tested in accordance with EN 13823 and indicate that they achieve a minimum of D-s2, d0 (class 2 panelling) in accordance with EN 13986. If you have special fire requirements, please contact us.
- Fire-retardant felt – EN13501 Class B – B-s1, d0
- Eco-labelled felt – OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Surface treatment – fire tested – EN ISO 9239-1
- Accredited acoustics report - FORCE Technology (DTU)
- Moisture-resistant MDF with special surface treatment (resistant to rotting and mould)
- Fire-retardant MDF – B, s1-d0 (raw board)
- Polyurethane varnish, flame-retardant
If you would like a specific surface treatment, or if your project requires a certain fire classification, then please contact us to discuss your needs and for advice concerning this.